Catching up!

Wow it’s been awhile since I’ve posted. So much has happened since then. Let’s see if I can get you up to speed. 



Went and visited a friend who just had a baby boy two days after Kyrie’s birthday. He was so sweet, and I’m told he has been a wonderful baby thus far. And we totally love his name. It was, and still is, on our list of names for a boy.



Went to the zoo with some friends. Karston’s shoes fell off (I didn’t want him to outgrow them in 2 weeks) 3 times before we even saw the first animal so I let him go barefoot. Once the path started getting more brush on it and after several pokes (boys are supposed to be scraped up, right?) I decide to try the shoe thing again. Only to find NO shoes in the stroller. Where did they go? There is no way they could have fallen out; They were crammed in there with the diaper bag with no way of escape. Two: if they had fallen out wouldn’t we have tripped over them? Anyways, now for backtracking. We did and along the way I ask a zookeeper if they are found where they would be taken. He tells me he just saw some at the otters. And before we make it over there (we are walking with a four year old and 2 two year olds) he has time to walk over and meet us back where we were. They’re found! On to see the rest of the animals. We had lots of fun being with our friends.




Don’t remember what we did. That’s why I should have been blogging!

Oh, I do remember that was the day I asked Karston, “Do you want to take a ride on Thomas?”

“I too big,” was the reply. 

“Well, what if there was a big Thomas? Do you want to meet Nonna and Papa and go ride on Thomas?”


And he woke up from his nap ready to go. And I had to tell him that he had to sleep one more time. We were going to go after night sleep not day sleep.



Day Out with Thomas

As you can see there was LOTS for us to do! They loved it all- except when Kyrie was frightened by Sir Topham Hat. I actually felt awful the whole day. Completely car sick from the drive to the train depot. And then the train ride didn’t help much. But it was so worth it! To hear Karston, gasp, “There’s the big Thomas!” with his eyes widened was so fun to see. And Kyrie loved hanging on to the bar of the train window to look out…all while bouncing up and down on Papa’s lap. It was a good day.



All woke up feeling a little under the weather. Sore throats. Runny noses. Stuffy heads. Mark was the worst.

Went to church.

The children DID NOT take naps.

Went to the park that evening where we met a sister in Christ all the way from Poland. We had a delightful conversation!


Mark awakes sick. Stays in bed most of day.

I feel like superwoman. I get so much done. So much cleaning. So much time with the kids. Had friends over. I love it when you get so much accomplished. When you know there is Someone working through you, because it is far above what you are capable of. 


Mark still sick.

Didn’t accomplish as much as on Monday. 

Opened the windows because we are having amazing weather.


I wake up feeling sick. Thought I was going to miss the sickness. Guess not.

Got even less accomplished than on Tuesday. 

Slept when the children slept. And even when they didn’t (don’t worry, it was in the morning so Mark was watching them)

Started reading an awesome book that my wonderful husband picked up for me in the sale section of the book store.


Leave a comment

Filed under everyday

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s